Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Dream Verses Reality

Alright...I don't seem to really understand why but the mystery camera "glitch out" virus seems to be attacking more than just our house! I have heard of numerous friends over the last couple weeks who have suffered at the hands of the camera "glitch out" virus - and let me tell you: IT'S NOT PRETTY!

So, after borrowing, and borrowing some more, and trying to investigate all the options we have on our video camera (which by the way is just back up and running too!) we finally had to break down a buy a new digital camera this weekend.

This is where the dream vs. reality comes in........

Dream: The Canon Rebel XTi (can't you hear the angels singing!)

Reality: The Canon PowerShot A550
Now, I'm kind'a an all or nothing girl, which in times like this makes life difficult. I'm working on changing but for now let's put it in the "still in process" file. In this case all or nothing was a difference of $1000 bucks - which at this moment is for sure out of our price range. So, I had to choose "something" over "nothing" and this is what I ended up with.......the Canon A550 a great point & shoot camera that's super light, has a fantastic zoom and I can tote around with me to document life.
So for those of you out there who need a new camera - check it out! Oh ya, and I haven't forgotten about the Rebel - it will come......eventually!

3 comments:

Shawna said...

I love the "dream" one -- but completely understand that "reality" will do the trick as well!

Good luck making a choice :)

Canadian Kristin said...

Ugh......MY camera is on the brink, too! I've been researching and checking out the bzillion camera options and stuck somewhere between "dream" and "reality", too. Such a bummer, since I too am an "all or nothing" kinda gal!!! I think I've found a happy medium....but am still torn because I like the tiny-and-tote-able-ness of the little cameras, but want more zoom power.....oi.....too many choices.....will check out your new Cannon when I head to the stores this week in search of the camera.....it's birthday season at my house, can't have a defective/giving-up-the-ghost camera on hand.....eek!!!!!!!!

Canadian Kristin said...

Soooooooo... do you love it?! Love the pics?!?!?