To make the most of my day, and my dollar, I often use a CROCK-POT.
Does your kitchen have a crock-pot...and more importantly, do you use it? If not, you should!
Here's a few benefits of a crock-pot:
1. Busy days with non-stop schedules still allow for home cooked, healthy meals
2. Stretch your grocery budget by buying cuts of meat that are cheaper (cheaper usually means it is not as tender) but in the crock-pot it cooks over a low heat for a long time - which tenderizes the meat
3. All in one clean up - you can cook your meat, potatoes and veggies all in one pot - one pot to wash after dinner is done makes clean up a breeze
4. You can cook almost anything in a crock-pot, last Christmas I did my stuffing in the C.P and it was the best stuffing I've ever had! You can also do cakes, chili, dips, soups, etc.
5. Crock pots are great for cooking in larger quantities - cooking in bulk is often cheaper and is always more efficient - double your recipe and freeze a meal for another night.