Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday Fabulous | Chicken Enchiladas

Here's a great recipe for chicken enchiladas...its a family favourite in our house and is loved by both kids and adults.

This recipe works well as a make ahead freezer meal; great if you ever do a "big cook" or "once a month cooking."  I have also made a double batch of this recipe and given half away to friends.

I had photos of the step by step assembly but for some reason my photos will not load.  Gah! Technology is making me crazy this week!

| Chicken Enchiladas |

Mix:
3/4 C. cream cheese
3/4 C. sour cream
3/4 C. salsa
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. chili powder

Then Add:
1 1/2 C. shredded cheese
1/3 C. green onion
1/3 C. parsley
5 chicken breasts cooked and cubed

Extra Notes:
To add extra spice, add one more tsp chili powder and one tsp red pepper flakes.
I usually use three large chicken breasts and find its more than enough chicken.
I will also layer in fresh spinach to up the vegetable and vitamin quota.

* Spray bottom of 9"x13" pan with PAM
* Layer spinach and filling in tortillas and roll
* Place in pan close together
* Top with salsa and grated cheese
* Bake at 350* for about 20 minutes - or until hot and bubbly

Makes 8-10 enchiladas

Serve with a fresh green salad.


1 comment:

Christy said...

I am going to try this! I love the idea of spinach too.