Friday, September 14, 2007

Adventures In Applesauce

Today I embarked on making applesauce on my own for the very first time. I'm sure there are some expert canners out there, but not I. I don't recall my mom doing much canning when I was growing up, so, I am not well versed in the art of canning. And let's make it clear - it is an art! A couple years ago Matt and I tried making jam, so I knew I had all the tools I needed for today's adventure so why not give it a shot?!?! The process was actually very simple - the most difficult part was cutting, peeling and slicing all the apples.
I guess that just means I have a reason to buy a few more Pampered Chef tools to make my next applesauce adventure that much more efficient :-)

3 comments:

Shawna said...

Yummy Yummy Yummy - Nice blogging there P : 31 Woman!!!!

Canadian Kristin said...

Well done! Canning is not for the faint of heart...the one time I did can, it was 40 lbs of peaches. I found that I could do the task, it was the stamina for the looooong process of boiling all the jars that about did me in!!!
What a good Mommy you are!!!

Anonymous said...

THE GREATEST APPLESAUCE EVER!!

WHAT A WOMAN. SHE COOKS, CLEANS, RAISES CHILDREN, CANS FOOD.

I AGREE P.31 - I SAW HER AND HAD TO HAVE HER!