I originally found this recipe in a Kraft Canada magazine and have now adapted and tweaked it depending on what I have in the pantry.
These little meatloaves are a great go to meal that will please anyone...serve with mashed potatoes or roasted sweet potatoes and a fresh salad and dinner is on the table in a flash.
| Mini Meatloaf |
1 pound ground beef - or ground turkey works great too!
1 box of Stovetop Stuffing mix
1 C. water
* You can switch up the spices, sauce and cheese to give different flavours
(use Italian spices, marinara sauce and mozza cheese for an Italian inspired meatloaf)
(use taco spice, salsa and tex-mex cheese for a Mexican fiesta)
* If I don't have stuffing mix on hand I just through in some bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, one egg and some dried parsley & salt and pepper - and leave out the cup of water!
* Combine ground meat, dry stuffing mix, water and garlic powder.
* Scoop into muffin tins - make sure mixture is well packed
* Make a small hole in the middle of each muffin - fill with BBQ sauce
* Bake at 350* for 25 minutes, remove from oven and top with cheese
* Return to oven for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted
These freeze well so you could certainly double the recipe and put half in the freezer for another dinner down the road, or even better, package them up and drop off dinner for a friend or neighbour.
Have a lovely Monday!